Cyber Security & IT
We’re looking for a talented DevOps Engineer who loves the challenge of achieving seamless deployments and preventing downtime. This role involves collaboration with developers and software testers to execute continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD) successfully for a high-traffic fintech website. If you’re a team player who is passionate about bridging the gap between software development and IT operations, seek your next career challenges with us!
Being part of Re-Work means working as a telecommuter, so you need to be good at self-motivation and time management. Remote collaboration with a global team will be part of your daily life. With these skills, you’ll match the flexibility that telecommuting brings with high productivity and dedication.
• Maintain and expand service monitoring. Discover issues before they happen with tools such as Datadog, and resolve them.
• Make sure everything is running smoothly. Every now and then, systems fail. Your job will be to fix them when they fail. Then, show the developers what went wrong so they can prevent it from happening again.
• Help the security team fight cyberattacks and keep systems secure.
• Make recommendations to improve development and operations.
• Experience with cloud solutions and virtualisation infrastructure, including Google Cloud Platform, AWS, and KVM
• Knowledge of Linux and open-source applications (Rsyslog, DHCP, iptables, Postfix, NGINX, etc.) and initialisation systems (systemd, SysVinit, etc.)
• Experience in TCP/IP networking, VPNs, and firewalls
• Understanding of intrusion detection methods, security systems, DDoS protection, and hardware and software firewalls
• Complete familiarity with bash scripting
• Understanding of Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, or similar configuration management tools
• Experience in site reliability engineering (SRE)
• Experience with managing round-the-clock operations for incident resolution, including alerts, rotations, and escalations
• Expertise in developing and managing high-availability web service architecture
• Experience in application containerization (preferably Docker)
• Experience with database administration (preferably PostgreSQL)
• Fluency in spoken and written English
Good to have
• Expertise in data protection and information security
• Work experience with Terraform and Kubernetes
• Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl and Python
• Familiarity with industry-accepted IS standards
• Experience in hardening Linux systems and CI tools such as Travis-CI, CircleCI, and Jenkins
• Experience with the documentation of processes and incidents
• Experience in Version Control software (Git) and Windows Server Administration (IIS, MS-SQL)