Cyber Security & IT
What’s Good to Have
We are looking for a detail-oriented Database Administrator who is up for the challenge of managing an entire suite of operations — planning, installing, maintaining, and testing database systems. Your goal is to ensure security, integrity, and a seamless flow of information for our high-traffic online trading platforms. You’ll be playing a key role in the systems recovery process should any crisis occur. You’ll also ensure the integrity of the database by ensuring data comes from reliable data sources only.
Being part of Re-Work means making your mark as a telecommuter, so you need to be self-motivated and have good time management skills. Remote collaboration with a global team will be part of your daily life, giving you an opportunity to combine your flexibility with high productivity.
• Plan, install, configure, upgrade, and migrate database systems as per business requirements.
• Support back-end developers in writing production-ready SQL code.
• Develop tests conforming to company standards for efficient database backup and recovery.
• Plan and execute data extraction activities for effective loading in the data warehouse whilst ensuring the extracted data is useful and properly formatted.
• Control access to data through authentication, authorisation, and auditing for security purposes.
• Document database policies, procedures, and standards.
• Degree in computer science or a related field
• Degree in Database Administration or a relevant field, or equivalent work experience
• Experience with database testing tools such as pgTAP
• Sound knowledge of Linux system administration, including configuration and automation tools such as Chef and Shell scripting
• Experience in data extraction and reporting for data warehouse or cube
• Fluency in spoken and written English
Good to have
• Knowledge of Perl and other scripting languages